History of Dravidian Parties and Leaders in Tamil Nadu (DK, DMK, AIADMK, MDMK, PDK, etc.)
This book is divided into two parts, in addition to the initial introduction. The first part narrates the history of Dravidian parties in chronological sequence along with some analysis of this history. The second part consists of a number of chapters, with each chapter discussing a single aspect of Dravidian history (across the timeline), along with a detailed political analysis.
Major Dravidian parties in Tamilnadu are
AIADMK - All India Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (M. G. Ramachandran, Janaki Ramachandran, Jayalalithaa Jeyaram) [Split from DMK]
DK - Dravidar Kazhagam (Periyar E. V. Ramaswamy Naicker, Veeramani) [Original Dravidian party]
DMDK - Desiya Murpokku Dravida Kazhagam (Vijayakanth) [Not born out of any other Dravidian party]
DMK - Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (C. N. Annadurai, Muthuvel Karunanidhi) [Split from DK]
MDMK - Marumalarchi Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (V. Gopalaswamy - Vaiko) [Split from DMK]
PDK - Periyar Dravidar Kazhagam [Split from DK]
PMK - Pattali Makkal Katchi (Ramadoss) [Not born out of any other Dravidian party]
Part I: Narrative History
1. Introduction (11 KB)
2. Birth of Dravidar Kazhagam (10 KB) Birth of Dravidar Kazhagam by metamorphosis of the Justice Party (Neethi Katchi) in 1944.
4. August 15, 1947: A Day of Joy or Grievance? (12 KB)
6. Periyar Drops a Bombshell (10 KB)
7. Birth of Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (10 KB)
9. Censorship of Dravidian Voices (8 KB)
11. DMK's Black Flag Demonstrations of the 1950s (10 KB)
12. 1952 General Election (8 KB)
15. Dalmiyapuram - Kallakudi Agitation - 1953 (9 KB)
16 to 26. To be published
Part II: Analysis and Commentary
27. Tamil Nadu Sought American Help for Independence from India in 1975 (by Thanjai Nalankilli), TAMIL TRIBUNE, June 2013 (18 KB) (f)
28. Why DK and DMK initially asked for Independent Dravida Nadu and later moved towards Independent Tamil Nadu (by Thanjai Nalankilli), TAMIL TRIBUNE, May 2005 (14 KB)
29. Annadurai's Speech on Independence for Dravida Nadu (or Tamil Nadu) (Translated from Tamil to English), TAMIL TRIBUNE, May 2005 (7 KB)
30. DMK and Tamil Nadu Independence: A Recent Political History of TamilNadu (by Thanjai Nalankilli), TAMIL TRIBUNE, November 2003 (28 KB)
31. DMK, Dravida Nadu and D.B.S. Jeyaraj (by K.J. Trivedi and Thanjai Nalankilli), TAMIL TRIBUNE, July 2003 (10 KB)
32. Annadurai on Central Government Ministers from Tamil Nadu (by Thanjai Nalankilli), TAMIL TRIBUNE, February 2006 (9 KB)
From C. N. Annadurai's maiden speech at the Upper House of Indian Parliament (Rajya Sabha) in 1962.
32 to 47. To be published
Your comments on this article or any other matter relating to Tamil are welcome
(e-mail to: tamiltribuneatasia.com Please replace "at" with the @ sign.)
Copyright Ó 2014 by TAMIL TRIBUNE. All rights reserved.